Saturday, January 9, 2010

A High-Intensity child and (not) managing...

Our DS is trying our patience lately. He is a high-intensity child, strong-willed, not good with change. I thought 7 would be easier, but it is harder than 6! We are getting to our wits' end some days with trying to get him to comply, and one can no longer pick him up and make him go when he says 'no'. Sigh. I hope this is simply a phase and we will grow out of it - all of us!

On the fitness front, I ran last Sunday, it was good, then went skating Monday (even better), but on Tuesday managed to badly turn my ankle in the kitchen, of all places! I can walk on it without pain now, but running on Thursday at the tri-club may be an issue. I had hoped to get to the gym and calibrate my Nike+ sensor this weekend, but I'm going to give it another few days to heal. Really brilliant move...

Trying to keep my head above water work-wise and get through January when I hope to have more time to focus on family and exercise and me for a while - what a change that would be! More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment